The Wallenberg – NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, supported by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, provides the opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world to conduct independent investigations at NTU and a Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) research partner institution in Sweden.
The Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship will be awarded to a diverse and select group of 5 individuals who demonstrate the intellectual capacity and rigor to drive their own research in the broad and multi-disciplinary areas of
- Artificial intelligence,
- Machine learning,
- Big data and data analytics,
- Software and security, and
- Mobility and autonomy.
The Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
For the first year at NTU Singapore:
- A one-year research grant of up to SGD$100,000.
- An annual salary of up to SGD$80,000.
- Relocation allowance and generous housing grant for entire duration of Fellowship.
- Opportunity to work with alongside leaders in science and engineering in the 5 focus areas of Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship at NTU.
- Generous personal development opportunities and mentorship in an established research group.
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
For the second year in Sweden with a WASP research group:
- An annual support package including salary, senior supervision, travel, and other occurring costs, according the WASP standard support for postdocs in Sweden.
- Opportunity to work alongside academic leaders in science and engineering at WASP research partner institutions in Sweden.
- Access to the infrastructure in the WASP funded research arenas.
- Opportunity to interact with the WASP graduate students and the WASP graduate school.
- Commitment to a one-year research stint respectively at NTU followed by a further year at a WASP partner institution in Sweden.
- Graduated with a PhD degree not more than 5 years at the application date.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Applicant is required to submit thoughtful and realistic research proposal in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, mobility and autonomy.
How to apply
The application for the Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021 is open from 1 October 2020 to 30 November 2020 (Singapore Time, UTC+8).
Applications will be submitted in electronic format only at NTU online application portal at https://www.ntu.edu.sg/tracs/ppf.
The following Supporting Documents have to be attached to the on-line application form. Interested applicants are advised to have them ready before applying on-line. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
- Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
- Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
- Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages, template available for download)
- Contact information of two referees (one must be PhD Supervisor)
- Top 3 publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)
For more information on the Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021, please visit https://www.ntu.edu.sg/tracs/ppf.
For more information on WASP, please visit http://wasp-sweden.org.
Queries about the application can be directed to [email protected].
About Nanyang Technological University
A research-intensive public university, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences, and Graduate colleges. It also has a medical school, the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, established jointly with Imperial College London.
NTU is also home to world-class autonomous institutes – the National Institute of Education, S Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Earth Observatory of Singapore, and Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering – and various leading research centres such as the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI) and Energy Research Institute @ NTU ([email protected]).
Ranked amongst the world’s top universities by QS, NTU has also been named the world’s top young university for the past seven years. The University’s main campus is frequently listed among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world and has 57 Green Mark-certified (equivalent to LEED-certified) buildings, of which 95% are certified Green Mark Platinum. Apart from its main campus, NTU also has a campus in Novena, Singapore’s healthcare district.
Under the NTU Smart Campus vision, the University harnesses the power of digital technology and tech-enabled solutions to support better learning and living experiences, the discovery of new knowledge, and the sustainability of resources.
For more information, visit www.ntu.edu.sg