London Brunel International College
|Salary:||£35 per hour depending on your qualification and teaching experience|
|Placed On:||18th November 2020|
|Closes:||29th November 2020|
Contract Type: Variable hour
Contribute effectively to the successful learning experiences of students in the College through effective teaching that meets or exceeds College standards and results in high levels of student retention and achievement. As a Lecturer, you will contribute to the design, development and production of teaching and learning materials and delivery across a range of business and management modules. You will teach on our Foundation and First year Business & Management programme for 6-10 hours per week in the first semester. The pay rate starts from £35 per hour depending on your qualification and teaching experience. Payment for marking/assessments, CPD and other activities will be explained in more detail during the interview stage. The term commences on 25th January 2021; there are 12 weeks of teaching followed by post-examination activities.
- Business Mathematics
- International Business Environment
- Organisational Behaviour and Analysis
- Managing Information with Technology
LBIC is part of the Navitas Group. Navitas has helped generations of learners change their lives through education. Over the last 40 years, hundreds of thousands of learners from around the world have graduated from Navitas colleges, having experienced a teaching and learning environment that supports them to harness their talents and achieve their dreams.
From pre-university and pathway programs to university, to English language and vocational training and undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, we reach more than 70,000 aspirational learners at more than 120 colleges and campuses across our global network each year, powered by a diverse and talented group of 7,000 employees.
Essential experience required
- Minimum Master’s degree in a relevant subject
- Teaching and assessment experience in UK higher or further education
- Teaching qualification or be prepared to work towards completion, with experience of working with international students
- Commitment to and understanding of the development of students of diverse backgrounds.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly and adaptably to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- Understand equal opportunity issues as they may impact on academic content and issues relating to student needs
Desirable experience required
- PhD or Professional Doctorate in a relevant subject
- Experience in curriculum design and evaluation
- Network with relevant employers and industry sector related to the specialism
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis. London Brunel International College (LBIC) is a safeguarding employer and the successful applicant will be required to undergo a DBS check.
What we offer
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is an equal opportunities employer. LBIC reserve the right to fill the position by invitation.
Enquiries and applications, including both a covering letter and curriculum vitae as well as the module(s) of interest should be sent to:
Amol Gurung – Amol.Gurung@lbic.brunel.ac.uk College Director/Principal
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 30th November 2020.
Email to: Amol.Gurung@lbic.brunel.ac.uk