SUSTech Department of Chemistry recruits 1 postdoctoral fellow in transition metal catalysis
Shu Wei’s research group is affiliated to the Southern University of Science and Technology and the Shenzhen Grubbs Research Institute, with a first-class equipment platform and a strong scientific research atmosphere. The research group has a harmonious atmosphere, sufficient funds, and first-class experimental conditions.
Catalytic organic chemistry methodology, focusing on the development of efficient and highly selective catalytic reactions, including: transition metal catalysis and radical chemistry, visible light catalysis, asymmetric catalysis, etc.
Recruitment of postdoctoral fellows due to work needs
Engage in research in related fields and be responsible for the implementation of specific topics.
1) A Ph.D. in catalysis, synthesis, or organic chemistry who has or is about to graduate with a Ph.D.; a background in metal organic chemistry, free radical chemistry, etc. is preferred.
2) Hardworking, strong independent research work and thinking ability.
3) Published high-level articles as the first author.
4) Being honest, hardworking, and good team spirit.
Working conditions and benefits:
1) Post-doctorate’s annual salary is 335,000 yuan, including Guangdong Province subsidy of 150,000 yuan (before tax) and Shenzhen living allowance of 60,000 yuan (after tax), and participate in social insurance and housing provident fund according to relevant regulations of Shenzhen. The post-doctoral welfare fee is paid according to the standard of the faculty and staff in the school. In addition, the festival fee (8000/year) + performance salary + high-level thesis awards; particularly outstanding candidates can apply for the principal’s outstanding postdoctoral fellow, and the basic salary can reach more than 415,000 yuan.
2) The research team can assist qualified postdoctoral fellows to apply for the “Guangdong Province Overseas Young Postdoctoral Introduction Project”. That is to say, obtain a doctorate degree from the top 200 universities in the world (excluding domestic, ranking in the previous year’s Times, usnews, qs and Shanghai Jiaotong University’s world university rankings), and engage in postdoctoral research in the postdoctoral station unit in Guangdong Province. It also promises that the postdoctoral fellows who have been on the station for more than 2 years will grant 600,000 yuan of living subsidy to each postdoctoral fellow who has been admitted to the station by the provincial finance after the successful application; for the project funding, they will sign a work agreement or labor contract with the employer in Guangdong after leaving the station, and Post-doctorate who has promised to work in Guangdong for more than 3 years will receive a housing subsidy of 400,000 yuan per person from the provincial finance.
3) Post-doctoral candidates who choose to stay in Shenzhen to engage in scientific research work and have signed a labor (employment) contract with enterprises and institutions in this city for more than 3 years can apply for Shenzhen Postdoctoral Research Funds. The Shenzhen Municipal Government grants 300,000 yuan of research start-up funding per person.
4) For postdoctoral fellows who settled in Shenzhen, they can apply to Shenzhen for a one-time rent and living allowance of 30,000 yuan (tax exemption, independent online application) as a doctor.
5) According to the conditions that you meet, you can apply for “Shenzhen Peacock Program C-level Talents” or “Shenzhen Reserve-level Talents” and enjoy a five-year incentive allowance (tax exemption) of 1.6 million.
6) Provide a good working environment, enjoy subsidies and five social insurances and one housing fund (the research team provides an additional five social insurances and one housing fund equivalent to 35% of salary), and other benefits refer to regular employees.
7) Support as the person in charge to apply for post-doctoral science fund, National Natural Science Foundation of China, and provincial and municipal projects (the research team provides additional rewards).
8) Those who have outstanding performance and intend to study abroad are responsible for recommending well-known research groups in Europe and the United States.
9) Those who are interested in continuing to develop in SUSTech can be hired as a research professor.
Interested parties are welcome to send detailed resumes and related materials to [email protected] . In the letter, please indicate your name + postdoctoral candidate.
Application process: sending resumes-organizing interviews-issuing offers-entry reports.
Sincerely welcome young people interested in scientific research to join!
Introduction to the research group:
Dr. Shu Wei:
2001-2005 Nankai University, double bachelor
2005-2010 Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry , Chinese Academy of Sciences, Ph.D. Supervisor: Prof. Shengming Ma 、Professor Jia Guocheng
MIT, 2010-2014, co-supervisor: stephen l. buchwald
2015-2018 University of Zurich, co-supervisor: cristina nevado,
2018-present, research group leader of Southern University of Science and Technology, doctoral supervisor
, selected by the National Overseas High-level Talents Program in 2017 (Youth)
Selected in Shenzhen Overseas High-level Talents “Peacock Program” in 2018. Selected
as Guangdong Excellent Talents in Guangdong Province and Shenzhen Nanshan District Leading Talents in
2020. Selected as Young Top Talents in Guangdong Province “Pearl River Talent Program” in
2021. Received thieme chemistry journals award
Since starting independent work in May 2018, I have published articles of independent corresponding authors:
1. shan wang, jian-xin zhang, tian-yi zhang, huan meng, bi-hong chen, and wei shu*, enantioselective access to chiral aliphatic amines and alcohols via ni-catalyzed hydroalkylations.
nature commun. 2021, 12, 2771.
2. yi-dan du, bi-hong chen, and wei shu*, direct access to primary amines from alkenes by selective metal-free hydroamination.
angew. chem. int. ed. 2021, 60, 9875-9880 (hot paper).
3. yi-zhou zhan, nan xiao, and wei shu*, ni-catalyzed regio- and stereodefined intermolecular cross-electrophile dialkylation of alkynes without directing group.
nature commun. 2021, 12, 928.
4. lou shi, ling-ling xing, wen-bo hu, and wei shu*, regio- and enantioselective ni-catalyzed formal hydroalkylation, hydrobenzylation and hydropropargylation of acrylamides to α-tertiary amides.
angew. chem. int. ed . 2021, 60, 1599-1604.
5. yu wang, jian-xin zhang, and wei shu*, cu-catalyzed remote transarylation of amines via unstrained cc functionalization.
acs catal. 2020, 10, 15065-15070.
6. ming-shang liu and wei shu*, catalytic , metal-free amide synthesis from aldehydes and imines enabled by a dual-catalyzed umpolung strategy under redox-neutral conditions.
acs catal. 2020, 10, 12960-12966.
7. peng-fei yang and wei shu*, direct synthesis of mono -α-arylated ketones from alcohols and olefins via ni-catalyzed oxidative cross-coupling.
org. lett. 2020, 22, 6203-6208.
8. xu-lu lv and wei shu*, unified and practical access to ɤ-alkynylated carbonyl derivatives via streamlined assembly at room temperature.
commun. chem. 2019, 2, 119.
9. wei shu*, hui zhang and yan huang, γ-alkylation of alcohols enabled by visible-light induced 1,6-hydrogen atom transfer.
org. lett. 2019, 21, 6107-6111.
10. xu-lu lv, cong wang, qiao-li wang, and wei shu*, rapid synthesis of γ‑arylated carbonyls enabled by the merge of copper- and photocatalytic radical relay alkylarylation of alkenes.
org. lett. 2019, 21, 56-59.
Welcome to Join Our Social Networks So You Never Miss Updates
Also, Invite and Share with your Friends
|FOLLOW AND LIKE FACEBOOK PAGE||CLICK HERE|
|JOIN FACEBOOK GROUP||CLICK HERE|
|JOIN WhatsApp GROUP||CLICK HERE|