Amgen’s Therapeutic Discovery organization is seeking a collaborative Senior Associate Scientist to join the Protein Technologies department at our South San Francisco site. Protein Technologies is responsible for designing, planning and executing on the generation of key enabling reagents to support early discovery of small and large molecule therapeutics and ground-breaking modalities.
The Sr. Associate Scientist will be a part of a multidisciplinary team with capabilities in molecular engineering, cloning, expression and purification of proteins, including antibodies, bispecifics and membrane proteins. The ideal candidate will have broad laboratory training, deep scientific curiosity and a positive approach to working in a team-based research environment along with a track record of creative problem-solving and enthusiasm for taking on difficult research challenges.
In our mission to serve patients, speed is absolutely critical. We’re rapidly expanding our hiring initiatives and are excited to unite with the most passionate and forward-thinking scientific minds who want to join our team – working toward our mission of advancing high potential programs for patients around the world.
The successful candidate will join the Molecular Biology group and is expected to apply comprehensive molecular biology techniques (e.g., modeling, protein engineering, construct design, cloning) to generate DNA constructs for immunization, protein expression and assays.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work cross functionally with our therapeutic areas to design constructs to generate DNA or protein reagents
- Apply automation and data management software to clone large panel of engineered proteins and novel constructs for multiple projects;
- Interact closely with and hand off gene constructs to the downstream stakeholders
Master’s degree and 3 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience
- Broad training in Molecular Biology, Protein engineering, Biochemistry or related fields
- Detailed knowledge in construct design, cloning, and vector engineering for recombinant protein or cell-surface expression
- Expertise in automation for throughput cloning or expression
- Familiarity with data management in high throughput cloning
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to be a team player in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Experience in high throughput microbial expression is highly desirable
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.