Civetta Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) is recruiting a Scientist in Proteomics. Civetta is a cutting-edge biotechnology company, backed by Deerfield Management, and recently launched from the Broad Institute and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI). Our founders, William Sellers (Broad/DFCI) and Eric Fischer (DFCI), world leaders in genomics and protein biology, launched Civetta with the mission to create a new precision medicine platform targeting “propeller” proteins.
We are building a team of talented, dedicated scientists who share our vision and our passion to discover groundbreaking new drugs to treat some of the most difficult diseases, including cancer. If you are a talented life sciences professional who brings energy, passion, and scientific curiosity to the team, we welcome the opportunity to consider you for this important position in our growing company.
The position. We are seeking a Scientist to Senior Scientist to propel our Chemical Biology efforts, helping to build world-class platform capabilities in discovering small molecule modulators of beta-propeller proteins, supporting biological discovery and our drug development programs.
- Using internal and external (CRO) resources, build world class chemical biology capabilities to enable Civetta beta-propeller platform to:
- Discover small molecules which bind to and modify function of beta-propeller proteins, either disrupting or creating protein-protein interactions
- Enable covalent fragment discovery to generate tool molecules for target evaluation
- Work with proteomics collaborators to enable compound selectivity profiling against multiple propellers
- Specify and procure necessary equipment, enabling technologies and reagents
- Collaborate productively with cell biology and chemistry colleagues on design and execution of chemical biology experiments targeting beta-propeller proteins and multi-protein complexes
Make intellectual contributions to all stages of drug discovery and project delivery
- Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, proteomics, chemical biology or related discipline with 2+ years of industry experience or Master’s/Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Experience designing and implementing experiments to enable ligand discovery, target identification and/or target validation using chemical probes, mass spectrometry and related tools.
- Experience balancing CRO and internal resources to solve problems and drive progress.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively present data within the company and to other stakeholders.
Adept at leading and working effectively within motivated cross-functional scientific teams to deliver project goals within timelines.
Civetta Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: Recruitment is managed through Civetta Therapeutics’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Civetta, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Civetta Therapeutics can submit their information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you if needed.