Are you motivated by a challenging role in biology, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Scientific Investigator – Immunologist/Biologist role would be a great opportunity to consider.
As a Scientific Investigator – Immunologist/Biologist, you will be supporting drug discovery programs with a focus on running established protocols as well as developing new assays to interrogate pharmacology of novel modulators of innate immune targets.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Successfully develop and enhance biology analytical platforms and technologies.
- Work collaboratively with Discovery teams to identify project needs and develop selected experiments to address project questions by agreed timelines.
- Independently determine scientific approach and transfer optimized method to contract research organizations for application to studies on projects.
- Development and application of industry tools for selected studies
- Maintain a high level of documentation for all experimental work to ensure data integrity expectations are met.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in Immunology or a relevant area of biology with 3+ years post-doctoral experience in an immunology environment.
- Design and executes new and established methods and protocols.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in inflammatory diseases.
- Technical expertise in flow cytometry, primary cell culture, Western analysis, ELISA/MSD, transfection and transductions, CRISPR gene editing, cell-based assays, and assay development.
- Previous experience in biotech and/or pharmaceutical drug discovery.
- Understanding of drug discovery processes, including small/large molecule development.
- Ability to work independently and deliver high-quality, consistent results in a timely fashion.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects effectively and meet timelines successfully with the utmost attention to detail while setting high performance standards.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific data.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.