Postdoctoral Researcher in Computational Biology
The position is part of a project, which aims at increasing the potential of endogenous adult stem cells to repair the diseased brain. Analysis of single cell sequencing data from this project will be used to trace the cells’ history (clonal analysis) and to unravel fundamental questions of stem cell plasticity in the adult brain. The project will involve the analysis of single cell omics data from stem cells isolated from healthy or injured brain. The successful candidate’s tasks will comprise the development, testing and application of computational tools, and will involve programming, applying statistical methods and acquiring knowledge in stem cell biology and regenerative medicine.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- A degree in a quantitative subject such as bioinformatics, statistics, computer science, physics, genomics or a related field
- Experience in at least one programming language (R, Python, Perl, JACA, C / C ++)
- Experience in working on Linux systems
- Experience in next generation sequencing data analysis is desired, but not required
Researchers from all disciplines with a recently completed PhD or who are about to finish their PhD are welcome to apply. Postdoctoral candidates are expected to have a published record of achievements that would enable them to successfully apply for postdoctoral fellowships. Applicants should send a CV, letter of recommendation and a short outline of their research interests.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
- Access to the DKFZ International Postdoc Program
The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
For further information please contact
Dr. Susanne Kleber, phone +49 (0)6221/42-3453.
The DKFZ is committed to increase the proportion of women in all areas and positions in which women are underrepresented. Qualified female applicants are therefore particularly encouraged to apply.
Among candidates of equal aptitude and qualifications, a person with disabilities will be given preference.
To apply for a position please use our online application portal (www.dkfz.de).
We ask for your understanding that we cannot return application documents that are sent to us by post (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Personalabteilung, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg) and that we do not accept applications submitted via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.