KAUST is an international graduate-level, merit-based research university dedicated to advancing scientific and technological education and research, acting as a catalyst for innovation, economic development and social prosperity in the region and the world. Our research strives to enhance the welfare of society with a special focus on four areas of global significance – food, water, energy and the environment. Based near Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, KAUST has attracted top-notch faculty and staff from all over the world, with more than 80 nations represented on campus.
Project: Simulating physical and chemical processes at water-hydrophobe interfaces
We solicit applications for a postdoctoral position in Professor Himanshu Mishra’s research Group (Interfacial Lab) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia (https://interfaciallab.kaust.edu.sa).
Research opportunities include:
- Simulating nanoconfined liquids: estimating entropy, enthalpy, free energies, and nuclear quantum effects by classical MD, Two-phase thermodynamics model, thermodynamic integration, etc., methods
- Chemical reactions in bulk water, gas-phase, and interfacial water – DFT, ab initio MD
- Wetting transitions on nanotextured surfaces; heat and mass transfer across porous media: continuum models, MD, CFD
Terrific opportunities to work with experimentalists in our Group and external collaborators. Sample publications: https://doi.org/10.1039/C8SC05538F; https://doi.org/10.1039/C9SC02702E; https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpclett.9b01835; https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05895-x
KAUST offers excellent academic and social atmosphere. Postdocs and PhD scholars enjoy highly competitive salaries and benefits, along with a truly global exposure through colleagues from over 100 nationalities. Join us for an adventure!
For further information about KAUST, postdoctoral life/benefits, social life, etc., please visit:
At KAUST, we attract people from all around the world who want to create impact beyond their own achievements. Irrespective of their national origins, the people of KAUST are “people of the world” who uphold our values of achievement, passion, inspiration, citizenship, diversity, integrity, and openness. Located on the beautiful Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia, KAUST sets exceptional standards in residences, recreational facilities and boasts a truly multicultural community environment which can be enjoyed by all, along with ample opportunities and time to keep work and life in harmony. Expats are very well looked after, with packages including tax-free salary, relocation, accommodation and various additional incentives.
The candidate should have a PhD in theoretical/computational chemistry or materials science. We expect the individual to be
- Curiosity-driven, meticulous, dedicated, and a team player
- Solid background in thermodynamics, quantum chemistry, statistical mechanics, computer programming, and transport phenomena; prior experience in modeling water preferred
This application requires submission of a CV, as well as the names and contact details for at least two references.