We solicit applications for a postdoctoral position in Professor Himanshu Mishra’s research group (Interfacial Lab – https://interfaciallab.kaust.edu.sa).
The research project entails:
- Investigating mechanisms underlying dramatic accelerations in certain chemical reactions at the oil-water interface,
- Characterizing reactions through GCMS, HPLC, NMR, mass spectrometry, etc.
- Collaborate with surface spectroscopists and theoreticians towards molecular insights into the experiments
The candidate should have a PhD in organic/physical/analytical chemistry. We expect the individual to be curiosity-driven, dedicated, and a team player; meticulous at planning experiments and hard-working; and possess strong scientific writing skills.
The position is ideal for a self-motivated creative researcher due to unparalleled infrastructure and possibilities to conduct experiments and explore collaborations within and outside KAUST. Our collaborators include Professor Richard Saykally (UC Berkeley).
- Doctoral degree in organic/physical/analytical chemistry
- Curiosity-driven, dedicated, and a team player
- Meticulous at planning experiments
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Strong communication, analytical, and scientific writing skills
This application requires submission of a CV, as well as the names and contact details for at least two references.