The Postdoctoral fellow position is open within the Group of Smart Responsive Separation with Hybrid Processes at KU Leuven under the supervision of Prof. dr. Xing Yang. We also form part of the larger Process Engineering for Sustainable Systems (ProcESS) group at the Department of Chemical Engineering with expertise in process intensification, multiphase microfluidics, use of alternative energy sources and membrane technology. The Yang Research Group focuses on process intensification strategies for designing low-emission and energy efficient separation systems utilizing smart responsive materials with nano/micro-structured interfaces, reactive kinetics and optimal separation units. The hybridisation of separation technologies (e.g., membrane, extraction, crystallization, absorption and chromatography) is the key tool to design an Energy-Efficient Separation Systems for Sustainability (2E3S), assisted with experimental research and process system engineering via multi-scale numerical modeling. The aim is to tackle technical challenges in the Water-Environment-Resource Nexus under the Circular Economy Initiatives, with target applications towards mining & energy, bioprocessing & chemical sensing.Website unit
The Yang ResearchGroup is seeking a high caliber postdoctoral fellow to work on the design and operation of novel separation processes in the chemical engineering field. The candidates with experiences in the following research fields are highly encouraged to apply:
- Novel bioprocessing and biochemistry (e.g., Membrane chromatography)
- Separation processes for resource recovery and environmental applications (e.g., value capture from waste streams)
- Mathematical modeling and process simulations for chemical engineering processes (e.g., CFD, Aspen Plus)
If you are passionate and highly motivated researchers in the areas of Chemical Engineering with relevant experience, youare strongly encouraged to enquire and apply. Any prior experience with supporting laboratorial development such as instrumentation and postgraduate supervision is highly valued.
- Requirement: PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or in equivalent discipline with competitive publication record.
- Knowledge and experiences in the relevant fields as described, i.e., material characterization, bioprocessing, and chemical engineering process design.
- Willingness and experiences with postgraduate supervision and teaching.
- Fluent English (written and verbal communication) for scientific interactions required. Additional language proficiency, e.g., Dutch, is regarded as a plus.
- Self-motivated, passionate and great interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work at interdisciplinary boundaries.
The successful candidate will be offered a Postdoctoral fellow position to become part of our international team with global research connections. The initial contract is provided for one year with a perspective to extend. The salary package is based on KU Leuven standards linked to your post PhD experience.
Interested candidates please send through a respective research and teaching statement, a comprehensive resume including your full list of publications and project experiences, evidence of language proficiency if applicable, and names of three referees.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Xing Yang via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Successfully shortlisted candidates will be informed of interview arrangements.You can apply for this job no later than January 05, 2021 via the online application toolKU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.