No. of Position(s)
- Materials Chemistry
- Materials Science
50,000,000 KRW / Year
Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
To be decided (1year ~ 4years)
Doctoral student at Lim’s group
Ph.D. degree in the relevant field
- Synthesis of conductive organic/inorganic materials and application thereof
- Synthesis of biodegradable/biocompatible materials and application thereof
- Wearable/implantable biosensors
How to Apply?
Application should be submitted via E-mail
[Schedule for the Interview will be announced after documents screening]
- CV (including Academic background, Research experience, and ibt TOEFL)
- Academic transcripts (both from undergraduate and graduate programs) and certificates (both of research experience and ibt TOEFL) are required after being accepted
- One or two letters of recommendation will be required after the interview (References should be directly addressed to the committee by the nominators)
About Nano & BioMEMS Laboratory (NBL)
Nano & BioMEMS Laboratory (NBL) was established in February 2004 by Professor Geunbae Lim, whose accomplishments include world-first ‘Active Catheter’ in 1995 that can travel in a blood stream, and the first successful commercialization of Micro PCR in 2003 which can detect viruses using MEMS technology.
Research philosophy: Overcoming the bottlenecks of traditional technologies and creating novel innovative devices by taking advantage of micro/nano scale effects.
Pre-existing semiconductor technologies provide good methodology for 2-D micro/nano structures, but 3-D structures require more; they are more effectively created by utilizing these micro/nanoscale effects: nano droplet, dielectrophoresis (DEP), electrospinning, ion concentration polarization (ICP), nanoscale signal amplification, etc. Nano droplet dispensers, 3-D nanowire & nanofilm biosensors, ion separating systems, brain-machine interfacing systems are researched using the micro/nanoscale effects.
※ Applicants will be supported by the research fund of [POSTECH-CNU college of medicine] and will be affiliated with [CNU college of medicine]. All research/extra activities will be performed at POSTECH.