The INP is collaborating within a BMBF funded project with the research center Borstel and Heinrich Pette Institute in order to investigate cold atmospheric pressure plasma application in intensive care. The project involves development, adaptation, and characterization of plasma devices in order to make plasma application useful and accessible for intensive anti-viral care.
For the project team, we offer a position in Greifswald starting on 1st April 2021 as
PostDoc Plasma Plus Corona (m/f/d)
Fixed term contract for 3 years/Full-time appointment (40 hours/week)/Target salary: TV-L E 13
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You design, adjust and operate cold atmospheric plasma (CAP) devices and CAP device systems for direct and indirect anti-viral application
- You correlate the CAP effectivity to anti-viral application with plasma, liquid and gas phase diagnostics
- You supervise students and PhD students within the project
- You adjust CAP development to medical regulations (MDR and DIN SPEC 91315) and apply for patents
- You interact with an interdisciplinary team from physicists to medical stuff and present scientific results
- You publish scientific results on scientific conferences and in peer reviewed journals
- You acquire third party funds and lead scientific projects
- You successfully completed higher education studies (Master of Science degree or Diploma) as well as your PhD in physics, bio-physics, chemistry or related natural sciences
- Experience with experimental plasma (optical and electrical), gas and liquid phase diagnostics of CAP, preferred with a background in plasma medical application
- You previously worked in CAP development
- You heard of MDR and know how it is involved in medical device development processes
- Analytical competencies and problem-oriented thinking
- Fluent English, German optional
- Experience in project management, willingness and joy for independent work as well as team work
- Very high communication skills, individual initiative and extraordinary engagement are required
OUR OFFER FOR YOU:
- Compensation according to the collective salary agreement of Länder (TV-L) including employer contributions to medical and dental insurance, maternity leave and retirement benefits
- Creative work environment
- State-of-the-art technical facilities
- Opportunities for professional development (e.g. project management, acquisition of third-party funding)
- Networking opportunities at national and international conferences and in cooperation with national and international industry partners
- Possibility of designing and implementing own project ideas
- In-house German course free of charge
- Flexible working hours and home-office offers
- 30 vacation days per year (plus: December 24 and 31)
- Sports courses in our institute rooms
Our institute ranks among the largest and most modern institutions in the field of low-temperature plasmas worldwide. In an international working environment, we conduct socially relevant research within our core areas Materials & Energy and Environment & Health. Currently the INP employs about 200 scientists and staff at three locations (Greifswald, Rostock and Karlsburg).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with the common documents (cover letter, CV, references) giving the keyword „0381 Post Doc Plasma Plus Corona“– preferably via our online application form – until 4th January 2021.
Your performance and personality matters regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or ideology. We look forward to receiving your applications!
The INP wants equal participation of men and women, especially in science. There are many good reasons why it is worthwhile to promote the potential of women specifically. Qualified women candidates are explicitly called to apply. Handicapped applicants will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
For further information and inquiries, please contact Dr. Torsten Gerling (gerling(at)inp-greifswald.de).
Please send your applications to*:
Leibniz-Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP)
Mrs. Gabriele Lembke
Human Resources Department
* Unfortunately, we cannot refund any of your expenses for applications and job interviews due to budgetary regulations.
For further information, please visit our website at www.leibniz-inp.de.