PostDoc on Quantum Secure Mobile Edge Computing
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is one of Europe’s top technological universities, in the heart of one of Europe’s largest hightech innovation ecosystems – the Eindhoven Brainport region. Research at TU/e is characterized by a combination of academic excellence and a strong real-world impact. This impact is often obtained via close collaboration with hightech industries.
TUe campus 5G and QKD test and evaluation site
At the TUe campus we are developing a 5G testbed offering attractive open environment for pilot tests as well as evaluations for applications and scenarios that require the new stringent
5G key performance indicators (KPIs) and data security to be met, like, e.g., robot-to-robot communication, fronthaul to robot, robot-to-drone, broadcasting, city security,
3D-communications, 5G automated vehicle driving, to name but a few. Several 5G Projects from several groups at TUe such as 5G PPP blueSPACE, Metro-haul, 5G MOBIX, 5G PHOS, 5G STEP FWD, BRAINE and others are cross-collaborating in setting up the 5G test-environment.
Research Challenges in BRAINE
Edge computing offers many technical advantages, e.g., reduced latency, secure decentralized processing and storage, scalability at lower complexity, versatility to adapt the changes in resources and applications, and increased reliability. Edge computing can dramatically boost services and applications by supporting artificial intelligence (AI) natively, instead of relying on the cloud. Edge computing supporting AI is the only technology that will enable many of the
long-awaited game changers: Industry4.0 and smart manufacturing, 5G, IoT, self-driving vehicles, remote robotics for healthcare, and machine vision among others. The ECSEL BRAINE project’s overall aim is to boost the development of the Edge framework focusing on energy efficient hardware and AI empowered software, capable of processing Big Data at the Edge, supporting security, data privacy, and sovereignty.
We are looking therefore for a strong (PhD) researcher or industrial applied research engineer to take up these challenges related to:
- Perform network architectural studies for quantum secure mobile edge computing for
- Develop a roadmap study for 5G connectivity integration into edge computing with data security for access, data transmission and long term storage integrity
- Implementation and test of EMDC in existing 5G test-environment at TU/e
- Implement QKD for encryption in our 5G test-bed and BRAINE test and use cases at TUE and other BRAINE partners sites
- Interfacing between all interfaces elements of end-to-end system from EMDC and 5G and classic and QKD encryption
- Contribute to the definition of the roadmaps for research on what shall be 6G systems and implementation of systems-on-chip for secure infrastructures
The candidate for this position will contribute to the TU/e efforts in stablishing the collaboration liaisons with the BRAINE consortium but also with other projects such as 5G MOBIX, blueSPACE partners and other researchers in the project. The candidates will contribute to the related project reporting, scientific publication and dissemination activities and preparation of proposal for grant to national and European projects. The candidate is expected to interact with TUe teams in efforts of stablishing and operating the common activities in the Eindhoven 5G and QKD test-beds.
- MSc or PhD in electrical engineering, cyber-security, telecommunications, optical fibre communications, wireless communications. Candidates with a BSc in Engineering with and/or an equivalent industrial engineering background and experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Background and experience in cyber-security, classic and quantum is an asset
- Knowledge of QKD systems
- Knowledge of mobile edge computing
- Ability to work with experts from a broad range of scientific and technology backgrounds
- Fluent spoken and written English
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- Full-time temporary appointment for 2 years with a probation period of 1 year.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary, depending on knowledge and experience (based on scale 10) and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities are offered.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
For more information about the project and any informal enquiries, please contact
prof.dr.ir. Idelfonso Tafur Monroy, i.tafur.monroy[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, please contact Ellen van der Mierden,
HR Advisor, e.m.v.d.mierden[at]tue.nl.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the ‘apply now’-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled. Start date as soon as possible.
Welcome to Join Our Social Networks So You Never Miss Updates
Also, Invite and Share with your Friends
|FOLLOW AND LIKE FACEBOOK PAGE||CLICK HERE|
|JOIN FACEBOOK GROUP||CLICK HERE|
|JOIN WhatsApp GROUP||CLICK HERE|