KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
As a Postdoc in Power Grid Technology, you will be working with fault detection using neural networks for condition monitoring of high voltage equipment in power grids. The research work will focus on applying mathematics (eg statistics, optimization, life cycle assessment) to predict and model the reliability and impact of maintenance efforts for applications in power grids. The overall goal of the research is to; contribute to a secure and high reliability of the electricity supply and an efficient use of energy resources.
The research project will be based on previous research results within the research group Reliability Centered Asset Management (RCAM) at KTH. In particular, methods have been developed for condition monitoring based on neural networks, which can predict anomalies for components in wind turbines. This research project aims to transfer this knowledge to components of the power grid. Main tasks of the project will be to identify suitable component to analyse and identify and process input data to perform analyses.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (Whit some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
- Research expertise
- Educational ability
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality
We expect you to have in-depth knowledge in at least one of the following areas: electric power technology, high voltage technology or mechanical engineering. In addition,a good theoretical background is a prerequisite and advantageously advanced methods for data analysis including neural networks. Knowledge of the Swedish language is an advantage in the work with data collection. As a person we believe you are able to work independently while efficiently drawing on the skills and capabilities of the group and the wider scientific community.Finally,we expect you to establish and maintain a contact network required to carry out the project.In particular,this concerns contact with the industrial partners of the project.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage .
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports: Documents no longer than 10 pages each. For longer documents (e.g. theses), please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
- Contact information for two reference persons. We reserve us the right to contact references only for shortlisted candidates.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years. A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.