post-doctoral fellow positionm/f/d(E13 TV-G-U, 100%)available at the Institute for Cardiovascular Regeneration at the Goethe-University of Frankfurt (Germany). Start date is January 1st, 2021.
The contract is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of an extension.
The salary grade is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement (TV-G-U) applicable to the Goethe-University.
- Analysis of cellular heterogeneity in different tissues with focus on inflammatory changes in cardiovascular disease with emphasis on atherosclerosis, ischemic heart failure, heart failure with preserved ejection fraction and clonal hematopoiesis
- Establishment and planning of sorting strategies for different cell types in blood, bone marrow and the heart
- Planning, execution and analysis of single cell sequencing experiments on different inflammatory cell types
- Testing of new therapeutic approaches in experimental disease models in mice
- Establishing and further development of disease models with focus on modelling clonal hematopoiesis in mouse and xenograft models
- General organisational tasks
- for this position is an MD degree or a PhD in physiology or biology essential
- excellent knowledge in physiology
- basic knowledge in bioinformatics and single cell sequencing
- FELASA certificate is advantageous
- Basic Skills in immunology and experience with flow cytometry
- Organization and teamwork skills, flexibility, excellent communications skills
- Very good command of English and computer skills
The Goethe-University promotes equal opportunities. Applications of female candidates are specifically encouraged. Applicants with disabilities are expressly encouraged to apply and will be treated preferably in case of equal qualifications and suitability.
Travel and application costs are not being reimbursed.
Kontakt für Bewerbungen
Interested applicants should send an application letter including curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests, a list of main publications and names of 2 references to (please in one pdf-document!): Prof. Dr. Stefanie Dimmeler/Dr. Sebastian Cremer, Institute for Cardiovascular Regeneration, Goethe-University Frankfurt, Germany. E-mail: [email protected]
Please do not send any original documents via post since we are not able to return them to sender.