Post Doc – Analytical Development
Germany / (Baden-Württemberg) / Biberach
JOB ID: 2012521
JOB LEVEL: Experienced
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Biopharmaceuticals
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
A lot to do despite Corona! Boehringer Ingelheim is still looking for new colleagues!
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and creative postdoctoral scientist to join the department of Bioprocess and Analytical Development at Boehringer Ingelheim. Our department focuses on the development of mammalian cell culture upstream, downstream and analytical production processes for different antibody formats. The position resides in the analytical development group.
The postdoc project aims at investigating new technologies for analytical testing of biopharmaceuticals. One focus will be the development and advance of mid-range infrared spectroscopy as a versatile tool in analytical testing. You will support the project team with your knowledge of spectroscopic techniques, scientific knowhow and innovative ideas.
You will actively develop new projects and contribute to our understanding of proteins and our analytical method portfolio. You will establish a scientific network with academic and industry partners to achieve your goals. Furthermore, you will actively engage in supervising BSc and MSc students.
The advertised position is part of the global Boehringer Ingelheim Post Doc Program. We encourage applications from individuals with a strong background and keen interest in spectroscopy, analysis of antibodies as well as implementation of novel analytical technologies.
If you are interested in this new opportunity and hold a doctoral degree in Biophysics, Physics, Biochemistry or related fields, please seize the opportunity and join us at our site in Biberach, Germany
This position is limited for 2 years.
Note: To make it easier to find our job advertisements, we use the usual designation “Post Doc”. Of course, this advertisement is not only addressed to applicants directly after completing their doctorate, but to all qualified candidates.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As principal investigator, you combine your knowledge of IR-spectroscopy with the curiosity to analyze complex molecules.
- You are responsible for the supervision, steering and internal communication across various functions for your project.
- With your strong communication skills you are the representative at project related interfaces and costumers.
- You are responsible for compiling reports of your work (English), as well as for supervision of students.
- Furthermore, you can publish your results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present your work at international conferences.
- With that, you can expect strong international interactions with neighboring expert functions across the Boehringer Ingelheim network.
- Doctoral degree in Biophysics, Physics, Biochemistry or related fields
- Experience in spectroscopic methods (mid-range spectroscopy in particular) and protein chemistry
- Working experience in bioanalytical methods or protein characterization is beneficial
- A proactive and well-organized working manner, excellent organization skills and the ability to respond to changing priorities and short lead times for multiple Tasks
- Inspiring mindset and strong in working within existing teams as well as forming and establishing new teams and collaborations
- Excellent communication skills as well as sound technical writing and documentation competencies (English)
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.