Senior Researcher (Group Leader)
No. of Position(s)
Microbial Food Science
Microbial Synthetic Biology
According to standard norms.
Center for Biosustainability
Technical University of Denmark
2800 Kgs. Lyngby
Jan 01, 2021
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to:
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
Candidates must be
- highly motivated by the opportunity to create cutting-edge products for the food of the future.
- experienced with innovative food product development and/or gastronomy
- knowledgeable about food fermentations
- creative and open to completely new types of food.
- knowledgeable about the influence of nutrition on human health
- capable of leading a group
A suitable candidate has a curious, creative and explorative mind to develop completely novel and unseen food based on microbial biomass and fermentation of waste substrates.
As a group leader at Center for Biosustainability you will:
- Lead a research group within microbial food science
- Develop research projects towards societal impact and potential commercialization
- Translate the scientific platforms of the center into novel food products
- Engage in public outreach to increase awareness of the potential of microbial foods to address current global sustainability challenges
- Take part and lead novel grant applications
- Present research findings in research papers, conference proceedings and other outreach activities
How to Apply?
fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Teaching and research statement, with a focus on the “Assessment” bullets points listed above
- Documentation of previous teaching and research, as related to the “Assessment” bullet points listed above
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Today’s food production system is highly unsustainable.
At the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability at DTU we address this important societal issue by utilizing food waste to produce novel delicious microbial foods based on fermentation. Microbial foods have the potential to substantially improve the carbon footprint of food production, to decrease water-and land use of agriculture, to reduce pollution and to provide a balanced, nutritious and healthy diet tailored for human needs.
The Center for Biosustainability has over a decade of experienced with microbial synthetic biology enabling the rapid production of a variety of proteins such as animal or plant proteins or proteases. This scientific platform will enable exploration of novel approaches to product development based on molecular ingredients paving the way for completely new foods.
- Well funded research institute with leading expertise in microbial fermentations and synthetic biology
- Funding for the group leader position and additional base funding for 2 to 3 scientists within the group
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Infrastructure to commercialize developed products
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.