Vacancy Reference: 01202
Lecturers in International Hotel Management
Full Time*, Permanent / Hourly paid
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to appoint two suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the post of Lecturer in International Hotel Management. You will work remotely whilst the current COVID-19 situation necessitates working from home, but your primary location will be Swansea with occasional UK-wide travel.
*Applications will be considered from applicants who wish to job share.
There are hourly paid Lecturer in IHM opportunities available. Please indicate on your application form if you are applying for hourly paid work.
The post of Lecturer in International Hotel Management (IHM) will be located within the Institute of Management and Health (IMH). You will deliver teaching on our Certificate and Degree programmes in conjunction with our hotel partners. A significant proportion of the programme is delivered online and through placements within hotels and so you will be expected to have excellent IT skills as well as the ability to create effective working relationships with the hotel providers. You will be expected to bring your extensive recent and relevant hospitality experience in to your delivery, using a variety of teaching styles and approaches to a diverse student body. You will also provide academic and pastoral guidance to students to secure attendance, progression, achievement and an excellent student experience.
- Salary: £35,845 – £41,526 per annum / (Hourly paid: £38.19 per hour, excluding holiday pay)
- 35 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You will need to hold:
- An honours degree
- A teaching qualification OR training experience within a hospitality environment
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline OR equivalent professional experience
You should also have:
- Extensive recent knowledge and experience of management within the hospitality industry within one or more of the following areas:
- Food and Beverage
- Hotel Operations
- Front Office
- Hotel Administration
- Human Resource Management within a Hotel context
- Experience of delivery and assessment at undergraduate level (or equivalent training delivery) in business / hospitality / management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- IT proficiency and experience of using e- resources including a willingness to teach by video-link, VLE, e-mail or website delivery
Further details, including the full Person Specification, can be found in the Job Description on our website.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (from our website) and return it to the HR department by 12noon on 27th November 2020. Please indicate on your application form if you are applying for hourly paid work.
CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed.
For queries, please contact Human Resources on 01792 481277 or [email protected]