£28,954 – £37,698 per annum (Lecturer Salary Band)
£36,545 – £43,789 per annum (Senior Lecturer Salary Band)
£41,585 – £51,275 per annum (Principal Lecturer Salary Band)
(Depending on experience and qualifications)
37 hours per week
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas.A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
- You will be passionate about the development and delivery of our equine programmes, working to the highest standard
- The role will entail lecturing and module leadership, year tutorship, and placement supervision in a variety of practical equitation, coaching and equine management related subject areas. The role could also include Programme Management.
- A candidate with a strong practical background, with experience and knowledge of managing equine performance horses, utilising relevant scientific principles to underpin the highest equine welfare, care and management would be welcomed.
- The role requires a passion for educating, influencing and enabling the next generation of equestrian enthusiasts to add value to the equestrian industry, nationally and globally.
- You will be actively involved with the equine industry and hold recognised industry qualifications/standing.
- You will possess a post-graduate qualification, in the field of Equine Science (or related subject areas). A Doctorate level qualification would be welcomed if applying for the higher level roles.
- Previous teaching experience and a teaching qualification would be desirable, although training will be available if someone had significant industry and or research backgrounds.
What we Offer
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Teachers’ pension scheme
- Employee discounts scheme and
- Support for continuous professional development
- 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
For an informal discussion please contact Catherine Porter (Head of Department Equine) 01452 702179 or email Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful candidates will require an enhanced DBS disclosure including checks with past employers. Committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Visit our website www.hartpury.ac.uk to see full details and to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 29th November 2020.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 16th December 2020
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.