The Ibn Rushd Research Professor Fellowship program seeks talented Saudi candidates who wish to pursue academic careers with a focus on research and higher education.
Successful candidates will receive formal mentorship throughout the fellowship to develop independent research programs, learn how to manage a research lab, develop curricula and teach graduate students.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Work on research projects that are defined with the help of their mentors
- Co-supervise Ph.D. students
- Apply for and secure funding (special internal grants)
- Learn how to pursue their own research independently and how to manage a research lab
- Take on teaching responsibilities whenever possible
By the time the application is considered for appointment as Ibn Rushd Research Professor, candidates shall be:
- Currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a reputable university with the expectation that their Ph.D. degree or its equivalent will be conferred soon; or
- Completed their Ph.D. at a reputable university and need additional time to develop their academic and research credentials; or
- Currently conducting or recently completed a post-doctoral fellowship and need additional time to develop their academic and research credentials.
To apply for this program, upload the following materials to the application file through Interfolio:
- A cover letter and an up-to-date CV
- A research statement and a teaching statement
- Samples of scholarly work (Optional)
- Names and contacts of 3-5 reference letter writers