Imperial College London – Enterprise / Commercialisation Office
|Salary:||£47,842 to £57,606|
|Placed On:||5th November 2020|
|Closes:||29th November 2020|
Campus: South Kensington and other campuses as required (currently working from home)
Are you a highly motivated individual with expertise in financial modelling and a passion for research and technology? Would you like to apply your skills and experience in analysing markets to establish a set of analytical tools, models and processes for valuing new technologies emerging from Imperial’s research that address real world needs? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you, join a successful team as an IP Executive and play a leading role in commercialising the ideas of world-leading academics researchers.
Join us and contribute to generating major impact across one of the World’s leading universities. Imperial values collaborative research that combines real-world business challenges with academic curiosity and research rigour to deliver tangible benefits for society. Working in partnership with industry to increase academic engagement in collaborative research and commercialisation lies at the heart of the Imperial’s enterprising ecosystem.
Imperial is a leader in technology commercialisation and you will be an integral member of Imperial’s Enterprise Division. We bring businesses, researchers and students together in a flourishing entrepreneurial ecosystem, which you can be part of.
Main duties and responsibilities
As a service provider to the Industry Partnerships and Commercialisation Teams in support of their licence negotiations, your main duties will include:
- Using knowledge and experience, acquired in the field of market analysis and valuation of new technologies, you will develop and implement a number of quantitative and qualitative methods to assess, validate and quantify the value proposition of new technologies in order to provide licensing executives with evidence-based guidance on value and financial terms in their licence deals;
- Translating complex data into actionable strategies and techniques to drive licensing activity and enhance marketing efforts, backed up with primary research as required. Present findings in written reports or visual presentations to licensing executives and marketing teams through regular meetings;
- Manage the verification, recording and reporting of licence and royalty revenue data from IP commercialisation income streams;
- Provide data, analysis and support for IP Strategy projects run by the Commercialisation Office to benchmark the College’s IP outputs against peer universities;
- Manage systems and processes used to assign rejected or abandoned Intellectual Property to the Inventors in their own personal capacity, to allow them to exploit such Intellectual Property;
- Organise and deliver workshops and training sessions for students and staff members on the topic of Intellectual Property and commercialisation.
To be successful in this role you will have a background in a scientific subject or equivalent experience.
Also key is some experience in analytical thinking when examining and assessing data from a variety of sources with at least five years’ market analysis in a similar role. Strategic and analytical mindset, strong delivery focus, excellent communication skills coupled with an understanding of the academic environment, product innovation and technology commercialisation processes are also essential, preferably gained through previous experience of working within HEI or industry.
This role is full-time and open-ended.
For further information, contact Ivona Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues when applying online, please contact: email@example.com
Closing date: 29/11/2020