|1. Mentor Profile |
Dr. Liao Kuangbiao, a researcher at Bio Island Laboratory (Guangzhou Regenerative Medicine and Health Guangdong Laboratory). Graduated from Emory University in 2017, under the tutelage of Huw Davies, a famous organic chemist. After graduation, he was invited to join the world-class pharmaceutical company Abbvie as a senior scientist. Specializes in the design and development of automated synthesis and high-throughput experimental workflows and solutions, and can efficiently discover new reactions and prepare compounds in batches.
He has published many high-level papers, as the first author, published Nature (2), Nature Chemistry and ACS Catalysis, and served as reviewer for journals such as Nature, JACS and ACS Catalysis.
Research group Research direction:
1. Basic research: focus on the field of inert chemical bond activation, fluorine chemistry and late functionalization.
(1) The machine automatically completes the experimental operation, quickly completes the screening and optimization of reaction conditions, frees the researchers’ hands, so that they can concentrate on thinking about problems and design solutions;
(2) Fusion of automated high-throughput and photochemical and electrochemical technologies, Develop a new type of reaction;
(3) Establish a standardized database, conduct regular analysis of massive data, achieve accurate prediction of optimal reaction conditions and reaction results, and develop artificial intelligence-assisted chemical synthesis.
2. Application research: With high-throughput synthesis as the core, develop compound labeling and activity screening technologies, develop new drugs, explore compound derivation processes and regulate life phenomena.
The research team adheres to the philosophy of being passionate about scientific research, being positive and motivated, and developing in an all-round way, fully respecting the individuality of each member, and committed to providing a free, equal and democratic scientific research environment. We have no hard and fast requirements on working hours. Everything is centered on scientific research. Academic level and contribution are the only evaluation criteria.
At present, the research team has completed the construction of the experimental site according to the standards of the world-class laboratory, covering an area of 1,120 square meters, and the address is 190 Kaiyuan Avenue, Huangpu District, Guangzhou.
The laboratory has built-in brand-new office experimental furniture, everyone has a private workstation, with plenty of natural light, and unlimited self-service supply of coffee, green tea and other drinks. The research group has various cutting-edge instruments and equipment, including 7 glove box arrays, a full set of precision analytical instruments (UPLC-MS, SFC-MS, TOFMS, etc.), and a fully automatic purification system. The laboratory is equipped with 42 fume hoods and 42 fume hoods, which can ensure at least 2 fume hoods (cabinets) per capita. The overall decoration has reached world-class standards. Not only is the space spacious, but also due to the excellent ventilation design, the air in the chemical laboratory is fresh. There is no smell.
The research group is also responsible for building the chemical center of the biological island laboratory. It has successfully built a professional automated synthesis production line, which contains a series of automated synthesis and analysis equipment, including automatic solid weighing, automatic liquid handling, automatic high-pressure reactor, All kinds of automatic synthesis instruments such as automatic microwave reactor, as well as preparative HPLC-MS, preparative SFC-MS, automatic column passing machine, UPLC-MS, SFC-MS, GC-MS, low temperature probe automatic sampling 600M NMR, etc. Various analytical instruments. Not only does it not need to manually pass the column, but also has machine assistance for weighing solids.
For details of the research group, please visit: https://www.x-mol.com/groups/Liao_Kuangbiao .
3. Automated synthesis and high-throughput screening
Automated synthesis refers to the automatic completion of experimental operations by machines, while high-throughput screening is to perform thousands of experiments in a short time. The combination of the two can effectively reduce errors, free hands, and achieve high-efficiency synthesis of standardization and modularization.
By setting tasks and one-click execution, you can increase the walk away time of experimenters, create a relaxed scientific research environment, and let scientific researchers have a happy mood and endless inspiration.
We developed automation and high throughput to significantly improve the efficiency of experiments and the well-being of researchers, but the core of chemical research is still clever ideas.
4. Requirements for applicants’ scientific research background (choose one from five)
1. Organic chemistry: methodology development or total synthesis of natural products
2. Artificial Intelligence: Machine Learning or Deep Learning
3. Computational Chemistry: Organic Chemistry Reaction Mechanism Research
4. Medicinal Chemistry: Small Molecule Drug Synthesis
5. Analytical Chemistry: Small Molecule Compound Purification
5. Job Requirements and Salaries
1. Postdoctoral: It is required to be under the age of 35 within three years of doctoral graduation; have a solid scientific research foundation, be able to independently complete scientific research, and have published important papers; an annual salary of 350,000, and an additional 50,000 yuan of scientific research achievements awards each year. Those who perform well can be directly transferred to assistant researcher, associate researcher or researcher after leaving the station.
2. Research assistant (research intern): serious attitude, positive and motivated, with a strong thirst for knowledge, at least 2 years of scientific research experience, work experience is preferred, the educational background is a master’s degree, the basic salary is 120,000, and there are quarter bonuses Achievement rewards; excellent bachelor’s degree can be admitted exceptionally. Those who perform well during the work period can compete for assistant researcher according to the achievement level.
3. Joint training of students: undergraduates, postgraduates, and doctoral students who are serious, motivated, passionate about scientific research, and full of curiosity will receive a monthly allowance of 2,000-4,500 yuan.
The research team provides spacious scientific research sites, first-class experimental equipment and sufficient scientific research funds for all recruits; fully supports applications for various funds, projects and talent projects, and obtains generous talent subsidies and benefits, which can be superimposed with salary; high standard payment All-round benefits such as insurance and housing fund, paid annual leave, etc., assist in solving living problems such as housing, household registration, and children’s enrollment in multiple ways.
6. Recruitment procedures
1. Interested parties please send your resume, research summary, future research plans or research interests, original papers or other relevant materials that can prove your ability to the following email: email@example.com , And send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org , please mark the subject of the email: “application + application position + name”;
2. The laboratory promises to strictly keep all materials submitted by the applicants confidential, and will conduct a preliminary screening assessment based on the applicant’s resume, research results, research plans and development potential;
3. After the initial review, the applicant will be notified by post and telecommunications. Matters related to the conditional interview.