Study Group – Cardiff University International Study Centre
|Salary:||£29.54 per hour|
|Placed On:||3rd November 2020|
|Closes:||29th November 2020|
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Are you a passionate Accounting and Finance Tutor that believes in creating a better world through education? If so, then this is a fantastic opportunity to join our brand new Cardiff University International Study Centre (ISC) launched in September 2020. In this unique job opportunity, you would be working in a culture of enhancing learning, teaching and assessment through a developmental approach, which for you will mean autonomy, innovation, and development opportunities.
You will teach small groups (10-15 on average) of international students on Accounting modules on the International Foundation Year (level 3) or Pre Masters Programmes (level 6) or a combination of both of these levels. You will play a key role by contributing to the development of teaching materials and formative assessment. You will empower students to reach the level they need to progress into university by providing student-centred, engaging, and innovative learning. You’ll undertake marking and feedback on formative and summative assessments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of teaching in UK higher, further education or sixth form (Essential)
- A Bachelor’s degree (Essential)
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Master’s in related discipline (Essential for level 6 delivery/ Desirable for level 3)
- A professional qualification also considered (ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience of working with international students (Desirable)
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- Competitive salary
- A 30-day holiday allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time (pro-rata).
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.